There is a saying that, “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it, lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him”.
This saying is very true today and it applies to everyone who aspires to buy a house; especially, first-time home buyer. It is necessary to have knowledge of what to do, before you start the process of buying one.
This is the reason for enlightening you with these 9 steps to guide you as you are preparing to buy you dream home.
9 Steps guide
1. Taking a decision – This is the most important of all the steps of which if it is taking rightly, other steps would follow smoothly: even though, other steps would be of consideration for the decision taken. Your decision would be taken based on how best you can satisfy these questions.
a) Do I need a home?
b) Why do I need a home? (Is it for satisfaction, up-grading, freedom from landlords, to build equity or need for expansion because of children?)
c) When do I need it? (while a bachelor, after marrying or for children sake)
d) What location? (considering neighborhood, economic reason, busy or for quietness)
e) What is my financial status?
f) Do I really need a home?
2. Seek professional guidance – After you have decided to buy a home, you need to find a real estate agent to help you through the process.
3. Consider your financial status – Will your financial situation be good enough to cover preliminary and surprise expenses before closing? For example, down payment, insurance, renovation (if need be), property taxes, closing costs and among others.
4. Get pre-approved for mortgage – what the pre-approval says is “you are qualify for a specific amount”; It means, you are qualified. What are you approved for? Your Credit score, Employment history, Assets if any, property value or other related documents.A very good real estate agent would be able to help you through. That is exactly what we are.
5. Begin to search for your dream home – having being pre-approved for certain amount, begin to search for places that suits and satisfies your reason for buying a home and that which satisfies the price range approved.
6. Do a research of your choice of home – Not all that glitters are goal; not all pictures reveal the true size of a house seen in any advertisement. Do a thorough research about the home; especially, pre-owned houses. Looking floor plans before going out to see the property.
7. Negotiate the deal – put in an offer you’re comfortable with and counter-offer if the need arises.
8. Close – closing is not that all easy, however, if steps 2-7 are satisfied, there shouldn’t be any problem. As I have mentioned in step 3, expect for cases of some surprises. At this point, it is believed that you have been acquainted with these costs and had satisfied all requirements. Congratulations, welcome to your new home
9. Move in and enjoy your dream home.
Remember, we are at your service anytime. Call us as seen at the top of the page.